Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer Reading

Of course everyone loves the summer because it's a time to let loose and if you're a student you don't want to see a book at least until september. I on the other hand don't share that sentiment. At the beginning of the summer I started reading "Lullaby" by Chuck Palahniuk.
This book was written by the same guy who authored "Fight Club". It is centered around a man who is mourning the death of his baby and wife; both of whom died mysteriously. It was the best way to start off my summer reading."Lullaby" was a short  easy read so it did feel like school work.


"Fast Food Nation" is a book about American based fast food restaurants and all the things that we the consumer don't know about them. This book definitely changed my views on how I feel about food and where I eat.


The next book I read was 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close". This book was about a nine year old boy name Oskar. It follows Oskar on a quest to become closer to his recently deceased father by finding the lock to a key he found in his fathers belongings. 


I am currently in the middle of reading "Eating Animal" by the Same Author of "Extreme Loud and Incredibly Close". This book takes a look at factory farming. The Authors writing is perfect for a informational book. Jonathan Safran Foer is able to convey his opinions with out sound too preachy and overbearing.


Next on my list is "The Alchemist". I have received nothing but great reviews for this book. I haven't read a synopsis about so I'm going in completely blind to the plot. wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin