Monday, October 12, 2009

A Nightmare on Elm Street... REMAKE!?!?!?



I'm sure by everyone now everyone has heard about the latest horror remake. This should come as no surprise after the remakes of "Friday the 13th", "Halloween", and countless other horror classics.

I must say that I am very excited to see how this movie turns out, even though it will be a real adjustment for me to watch a Freddy movie without freddy being played by Robert Englund. The new Freddy will be play by actor Jackie Earle Haley. i can accept this casting for two reasons:

1. Haley's portrayal of Rorschach in "Watchmen" was impeccable

2. Haley's portrayal of a registered sex offender in the movie "Little Chilrdren" had me sympathizing with him

All i can do is hope the Haley doesn't fall short for such a monumental role.

I also hope director Michael Bay doesn't Go over board with special effects and totally miss the brilliance and subtlety of the plot.



peace,love, and soul
Lock

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin