Monday, December 7, 2009

Gentlemen's Quarterly (Men Of The Year)

I was looking through the current GQ today and saw that they featured numerous black men who are "making moves". I must say though that what surprised me the most was the two page layout with the fastest man on earth Usain Bolt. I love the fact that a jamaican man is not one of the fastest but THE FASTEST. I must say it brings me much personal pride as a person with jamaican heritage.



Kobe Bryant was featured in a section on suits with peak lapels. In the picture above his watch alone is worth $25,000


The new kids on the block... no not the boy band. Wale, Drake, and Kid Cudi are the newly proclaimed "Gangsta Killers". I'm really glad to see these three getting their just dues. i have been following Drake from his first mixtape "room for improvement." and both single from Wale (chilling) and Kid Cudi (day and night) have gotten a lot of play on my ipod. needless to say GQ as well as i believe that they can and will take Hip Hop in a new (great) direction.


Excuse my ignorance; but i didn't know that in the foyer of the department of justice hung only two pictures, one of the president and the other of attorney general. For the first time ever not one but both picture have a black man in it. Sometimes my country can make me so proud.


peace and love

lock

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin